What is a FOMO list....
"I am bored, I am hungry for adventure, for more fun, soul fulfilling days... and I can't wait to get back into the real world"....
Oh did I just read your mind with my wizardry? Then this 'list' is for you!
Welcome back! It's been a little while since I asked everyone to head over to my blog and actually read one of these posts. But this is something I really wanted to share with everyone, because I have found it to be quite helpful whilst we're stuck, safely - in our home. You know what FOMO means right, and if you don't it means 'Fear Of Missing Out'. I have been feeling seriously glump lately, I miss summer, I miss the outdoors - I just miss life. As I give into my pyjamas or Storms t-shirts and a pair of tracksuit pants. My mental health has been seriously challenging to keep on top of. I know that I have a lot of friends and family who are just waiting for life to return to a somewhat normal again, to be able to leave our homes, to get out and have some fun. So I started doing this new challenge for myself, it was also something that kept on top of that glump feeling that I'd get every time I felt like I was stuck at home, bored or feeling like I'm missing out on life.
Every time I started to feel like crap, I would get into my FOMO list on my notes in my iPhone. You can use whatever works for you, your phone, your diary, a note book etc.
I would write something positive, a bucket list almost. But of course - this was more of a manageable and attainable goal list for the near future. Something to look forward to.
What kind of things have I put onto my list you might ask? I've put some of the things below, to give you an idea of all the fun things I plan on doing with my family, my friends, my family - once we're returning to 'real life'.
- I want to take the girls to the beach for a day and have fish and chips on the beach
- I want to get some impala skates with Nyah, and my best friend and learn how to ride them again. - I want to discover new beaches along the south coast of VIC - I want to keep teaching Nyah how to snorkel. - I want to go go-karting, mini golf.
- I want to eat at a dang restaurant for dinner. - I want to have a 'girls day out shopping'
- I want to be able to go to a bar with Storm, with my best friend (have a night out or a few hours before I start to have crippling separation anxiety and come home haha). - I want to have friends over for dinner
- I want to go visit my family in Albury/Wodonga
- I want to go to the drive-in movies
- Have professional family photos taken
- I want to go on a day trip to the Great Ocean Road These are just some of them, they are all literally things I can tick off one at a time, that as soon as we have the freedom again, that we can just go BAM BAM BAM and have all of this amazing fun. The point of this list, is to help that time between now and later - to have things to look forward to. Later on, it's about making up for missed time and really enjoying the outside world.
Have you now realised how much you didn't value, or how much you unappreciated the freedom.... When I look back I see how much we've wasted being indoors, on technology, being bored with ourselves and lives? I knew I was wasting life somedays, but this has given me an overall outlook on it. We will really begin living life again - after Covid.
So now it's your turn.
Start your FOMO list, create a FOMO jar - write notes on it and put them into your jar and pull one out each time you have a spare day to spend time as a family or with your friends.